Gibsons Staithes 1000 Piece Jigsaw
Any visitor to the town of Staithes is going to be astounded by how much history such a small place can have.
Nestled between the sea and the North York moors, Staithes is famous for its past fishing industry and hundreds of years of mineral production, an industry that continues to this present day. At the foot of the village is a beautiful small harbour, sheltered by high cliffs, piers and rock armour. A small fleet of brightly painted cobles can usually be found here. These are the traditional fishing vessels of this coast and are used by local fishermen to catch crabs, lobsters and cod.
- Product code G713
- High quality 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.
- Painted by Terry Harrison.
- Puzzle size 48x68cm when complete.
- Box size: 24 x 24 x 6cm.
- Made from thick, durable puzzle board that is 100% recycled.
- Made in Europe.
- Artwork by Terry Harrison.
- Terry Harrison was born near Wendover and attended Farnham Art School before becoming a graphic artist in London. Later, he joined the Yellow Pages as an illustrator and then Thompson Directories in their Farnborough head office. During his spare time, Terry pursued his first love: landscape painting.
- By 1984 the demand for his original work was so great that he decided to paint full time and never looked back! After just 12 short years Terry was awarded the Best Up and Coming Published Artist of The Year by the Fine Art Trade Guild, and five years later in 2001, Terry had his first book ‘Brush with Watercolour’ published; this sold over 140,000 copies.
- It’s no surprise that Terry Harrison could claim to have his drawings in most homes throughout the country, in some form or another. Terry was a kind, thoughtful man who created wonderful pieces of art, many of which have been in our jigsaw puzzle range for almost two decades. He will be greatly remembered and we hope that his artwork continues to bring joy to all who have the privilege of viewing his paintings.
MPN: G713Google ID: GBS-G713
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh