J Arthur Bower's John Innes Seed Compost 25L
Traditional loam-based compost with limestone & sand
Fine-textured and low nutrient formula ideally matched to the needs of germinating seeds and rooting cuttings
Our local delivery vehicles are now running as normal.
J. Arthur Bower’s John Innesare traditional, superior quality soil-based composts. John Innes composts have been widely used by gardeners for over 60 years and are valued for their consistently good performance. J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes Seed compost has a special low nutrient level ideally matched to the needs of germinating seeds and rooting cuttings.
- Loam is the most important ingredient as it provides a natural reservoir of plant foods, trace elements and contains some organic matter which releases nitrogen slowly to the plant. The loam in J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes is screened and sterilised to avoid any soil-borne diseases and insects.
- The sphagnum moss peat in John Innes compost improves both the aeration and water-retaining capacity, which enables the compost to make maximum use of the nutrients and trace elements in fertilisers.
- Lime-free grit sand is included to allow excess water to drain from the compost and so prevent waterlogging. It also adds weight and provides stability for pot grown plants.
- Ground horticultural-grade limestone is added to give the compost the pH most plants prefer. For lime-hating plants choose John Innes Ericaceous instead.
- The compound fertiliser in John Innes provides a wide spectrum of plant nutrients needed for healthy growth. These include nitrogen for leafy growth, phosphates for root development, potash for flowering and fruiting and trace elements for colour and flavour.
Barcode: 5000363326101Google ID: 57681
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh