STIHL iMow | How To Install
Buying the iMow is the easy part, installation is the hardest and most important if you want to achieve the best cutting results possible.
Fear not though - we can help. Below you will find all the information you need to easily install your docking station and perimeter wire to perfection.
How To Install Your STIHL iMow
Before you do anything, simply make sure your lawn is clean and tidy, free of debris and clear of toys and tools. It would also be wise to make sure your lawn is cut to an acceptable length, which tends to be a length no longer than 10mm. Once these minor details have been seen to, you can then commence the installation of your robotic lawn mower. It would also be advised not to attempt cutting any corners to save time, as this will only leave your lawn suffering in the long run.
1 | Plan The Layout of Your Perimeter Wire
- You will need to think about the best course for your perimeter wire to take through your garden, making sure to create islands around obstacles you wish to avoid. Another thing to think about would be the best place to position your charging station. This would be somewhere flat and in a middle ground, the iMow can access from all angles. Once these tasks are complete you can then start the physical process. Further ideas for positioning your station would be to choose a spot away from sprinklers and near to a power outlet.
2 | Position Your Station & Perimeter Wire
- Make sure to lay your perimeter wire at a reasonable distance from the edge of where you wish to cut. The wire must be laid flat and, in time, will be grown over by grass outside of your chosen perimeter. Next, you must make sure to create islands around obstacles you wish to avoid. Once this is complete and all areas have been covered, you can move onto the next step.
3 | Charge & Program Your iMow
- Place your iMow in the charging station and commence charging. You can also set your mower settings including the manual cutting height adjuster and time settings, which can be altered in the easy to use control panel. The control panel can be removed from the iMow and used as a control pad to manually operate the mower.
4 | Have A Detailed Check of The Full Installation
- While you might be confident your installation is foolproof, it may be worthwhile crossing the T's and dotting the I's. Have a walk around your perimeter wire and make sure your time settings are appropriate to the time of day and frequency you wish to cut.
5 | Leave The iMow To Commence The Task
- Once all the previous steps have been completed, it is the time to let your robotic mower do the hard work. Make sure to bring your iMow out of extreme weather conditions. It is suitable for use in the rain but over extended periods of time the mower will start to show signs of wear. This works the same for extreme heat, which can directly affect battery life.
| Go Back |