STIHL Chainsaws MS 181 Domestic Use
Packed with new technology—at a value price—the STIHL MS 181 chainsaw is designed to reduce vibrations, making it more comfortable to operate. This chainsaw also features reduced-emission engine technology, which lowers fuel consumption as well as emissions; maintaining good cutting speed. Perfect for cutting firewood, for building work and for felling small trees.
|Power Unit||No Bar & Chain. Suitable for users who already own a bar and chain, or wish to buy separately.|
|14" Bar & Chain Kit||14" Bar, Chain & Scabbard. Suitable for users wanting the whole package ready to go!|
|16" Bar & Chain Kit||16" Bar, Chain & Scabbard. Suitable for users wanting the whole package ready to go!|
- Advanced combustion technology - Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- STIHL 2-MIX-Engine -1-in-4 channel technology. The economical STIHL 2-MIX engine with 1-in-4channel technology features a high torque over a wide speed range. The chainsaw provides fuel savings of up to 20% compared to STIHL two-stroke engines in the same performance class without 2-MIX technology. Exhaust emissions are reduced by up to 50%.
- Anti-vibration system - Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Pre-separation air filtration system - STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Compensator - This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Single-lever master control - All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- Sidechain tensioner - The tensioning screw can be found on the side of the chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Ematic chain lubrication system - The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Tool-free filler caps - Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools.
MPN: 1139 200 0150
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh