STIHL Chainsaws MS 500i Petrol Professional
The world's first chainsaw with fuel injection, ideal for heavy wood harvesting by forest pros. STIHL's new MS 500i chainsaw is the first ever petrol chainsaw with electronically-controlled fuel injection. Available from spring 2019, the MS 500i will accelerate from 0-100km/h chain speed in just 0.25 seconds so that you can work quickly and efficiently. This exciting new saw will weigh 6.2kg as a powerhead, just 0.2kg more than the MS 462 forestry saw, but with an impressive 6.8hp, 0.8hp more than the MS 462, whilst keeping a similar overall size. The MS 500i gives the best power to weight ratio of any production chainsaw on the market. The MS 500i comes with a choice of 20” or 25” ES light bars, keeping the overall weight of the saw down and the balance at its optimum too.
|Power Unit||No Bar & Chain. Suitable for users who already own a bar and chain, or wish to buy separately.|
|20" Bar & Chain Kit||20" Bar, Chain & Scabbard. Suitable for users wanting the whole package ready to go!|
|25" Bar & Chain Kit||25" Bar, Chain & Scabbard. Suitable for users wanting the whole package ready to go!|
- STIHL Injection (i) - STIHL injection technology enables the MS 500i to achieve extremely high performance with extraordinarily low displacement and low weight. The saw uses innovative technology to achieve rapid acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in an unbelievable 0.25 seconds. The power saw is ready to use right away. Sensors measure air pressure and internal and external temperature and pass the information on to the control unit. This can use the identified values to determine the optimum fuel quantity and ignition timing.
- Best power-to-weight ratio - Its revolutionary chainsaw engine technology, and resulting intelligent lightweight construction result in the best power-to-weight ratio on the market. The optimised design – with lightweight sprocket cover, more compact engine unit, flywheel with a low design height, and a reduced-weight crankshaft adapted to the low weight of the flywheel – makes work significantly more comfortable. The MS 500i is ideal for heavy timber felling, cutting into lengths, and pruning.
- Sensor-controlled fuel metering - In addition to the external temperature sensor, the MS 500i also has pressure and internal temperature sensor in its engine. This measures the environmental pressure on start-up, and during operation, it checks the engine temperature and pressure in the crankcase. The electrical voltage generator delivers the required speed information. The control unit processes these values, meaning that the system adapts to the conditions of use. The fuel is then dosed at the optimum level, quickly resulting in perfect running characteristics.
- Very easy to start - The starting process is perfect, with no need for a start position, and easy access to the purger.
- STIHL 2-MIX engine - The two-stroke engine with STIHL 2-MIX technology saves up to 20 % of fuel and reduces emissions by up to 70 % compared to STIHL 2-stroke engines of the same performance class without 2-MIX technology.
- HD2 filter with radial seal - The new HD2 air filter, made from PET material and featuring a radial seal, prevents the intake of fine dust particles. The hermetic seal increases the service life of the engine and reduces wear.
- Decompression valve - The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as reducing the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- STIHL ElastoStart - Due to compression pressure, jerky stresses occur when starting internal combustion engines. The damping element in the ElastoStart special starter grip alternately absorbs and releases force according to the compression pattern. The result is smooth, even starting.
- Side-mounted chain tensioning - Side-mounted chain tensioning makes it easy to tension the chain safely.
- Plunge guide - Marking has been added to the fan housing to assist with plunge cuts. This ensures better directional control and safe use of the machine during plunge cutting.
- Optimised bumper spikes - The tooth length of the bumper spikes has been adjusted to account for the radial contours of trees. The saw bites into wood even better when cutting lengths and felling.
- Tool-free fuel caps - Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- STIHL anti-vibration system - Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw, therefore, runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Captive nuts - When changing the cutting attachment, you will not risk losing the nuts on the sprocket. The MS 261 is the first STIHL chainsaw to be equipped with the captive nuts. A great advantage for all users.
- Optimised sprocket cover - The flatter, narrower sprocket cover with integrated slide rails reduces effort when pruning and ensures outstanding chip removal.
- STIHL Ematic with new oil pump system - The new oil pump system allows a higher volume of oil to be delivered. This is especially useful in dusty conditions or when using a long guide bar.
|Sound pressure level 1)||106 dB(A)|
|Power output||5/6,8 kW/bhp|
|Vibration level left/right 2)||4,2/4 m/s²|
|Sound power level 1)||119 dB(A)|
|Weight 3)||6,2 kg|
|Power-to-weight ratio||1,2 kg/kW|
|Saw chain pitch||3/8"|
1) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2.5 dB (A)
2) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2m / s ²
3) Without fuel, without bar and chain
Barcode: 795711993566Google ID: 57027
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh